Sunday, October 26, 2014

Live, Louvre, Laugh


My adventures in Paris were spent in a great city with even better people. Giggles and pastries trumped any tribulations of my travels, which consisted of many more transfers than I had originally considered myself capable. My days in the beautiful city were spent with my best friend, Krista Veikos, and many more people that made the experience so incredible.

Our first destination was the signature landmark- the Eiffel Tower. The 301 meter masterpiece was well worth the glory it had received. Winding through the intricate pathways of the tower brought excitement, more giggles of course and also appreciation- for this unique experience I have been afforded. In the midst of these adventuresome days, I am still in a stupor of disbelief that this opportunity has been one I have been able to seize. I am literally with my best friend, prancing up the Eiffel Tower, with my cheeks glowing from either the cocoa covered cappuccino I just drank or the consistent bouts of laughter that emerge from me being with my best friend. Atop the tower, the view of Paris was simply magnificent. The sprawling buildings had an eloquence I haven’t encountered throughout my other travels. I was overwhelmingly impressed, to say the least.

To the Louvre we continued. Gaining free admission with my Dante Alighieri student status, I entered what is one of the most famous galleries in the world, with the objective of seeing the Mona Lisa. Selfies with the Mona Lisa? Sounds good to me.

I will admit that in the span of this Parisian weekend I did make moves to get Chipotle and Starbucks, as unauthentic as those undertakings may be. No regrets. No disappointments. Simply more giggles.

Saturday’s agenda was centered around Versailles. The Chateau was exquisite and  irreplaceable. The gold gated palace was one of a kind, as were the many fountains in the vicinity. The crepes beforehand set the scene for a wonderful adventure. There is arguably no better place in the world to have a first crepe experience. My gorgonzola, ham, walnut and arugula masterpiece fully supports that statement. Supplemental supporting evidence would most certainly be my chestnut and crème infused, cinnamon ice cream topped second attempt at crepe consumption.


What a wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment